My personal Burnout Treatment Plan!
Feeling drained, empty, lost, anxious, overwhelmed, lonely, or stuck in prolonged stress—along with a lack of interest, motivation, energy, or feelings of helplessness and hopelessness—may be signs of burnout. Burnout is a common experience, especially with the many commitments and responsibilities that come with adult life.
Burnout signals can be diagnosed by physical signs, emotional signs & behavioral signs. Instead of rushing out to get a partner or quit your job, let's try these 5 alternative ways to overcome these feelings and uplift your spirit and energy!
1. Pause your life commitments and Get organized!
Adult life comes with many commitments and responsibilities. As a workaholic, I spend 10-12 hours on work and daily routines, and my weekends are packed with meetings, family events, volunteer work, personal activities, and house chores. While striving for maximum productivity is great, it eventually leads to burnout.
If you're facing this, take a break from your commitments. For me, it usually takes 1-2 days to recover. During this time, I have "Me Time" by turning off communication apps, avoiding social media, and clearing my schedule.I focus on activities that bring me joy, like resting, window shopping, getting a massage, walking, swimming, or exploring new food spots.Once I feel better, I spend time organizing my wardrobe, fridge, pantry, and workstation, and planning my weekly and monthly tasks. I also revisit my routines to focus less on productivity and more on balance, ensuring I can prevent burnout in the future. As a result, being organized helps me to build my self-confidence and security, and improve my decision-making skills!
2. Speed Reading!
Whenever I notice burnout symptoms, one of the quickest ways I overcome them is through speed reading. This involves quickly scanning texts to grasp key ideas or find specific information. I often turn to self-help or religious books and online articles to boost my energy. Some of my favorite sites are wikihow.com and cupofjo.com.
My goal is to identify the triggers behind my feelings and explore suggestions to manage or distract from them. If you're an introvert, speed reading could be a great way to cope with feelings of emptiness, being lost, or anxiety.
3. Have you forgotten your hobbies and interests?
Having enjoyable hobbies can bring joy, boost your energy, and even improve your self-esteem. For me, one of my favorite hobbies is food plating. I love experimenting with new recipes and arranging the food in a beautiful, creative way to make it look as good as it tastes!
Besides food plating, I also enjoy horse riding, playing tourist, capturing moments with photography, journaling, and trying adventurous activities. These hobbies not only keep me entertained but also help me stay positive and inspired. If you wish to discover more fun hobbies, Click Here.
4. Reframing your mindset by listening to affirmation meditation videos.
I’m someone who thrives on words of affirmation—they help me manage anxiety and feelings of hopelessness or helplessness. If you're single and independent like me, having positive words can make a big difference.
If you have close friends, supportive family, or a partner, they can be a great source of emotional support. But if you don’t, you can still find encouragement by listening to affirmation meditation videos on YouTube. These videos can uplift your mood and provide the reassurance you need. Here's one of my favorites: Click Here.5. Practicing self-care.
Since I started improving my diet, getting enough sleep, setting aside time for workouts, exercise, and meditation, focusing on skincare & hair care, regularly taking online DAS tests, and attending Islamic religious classes, my burnout symptoms have become less frequent and shorter. Alongside focusing on physical wellness, I’ve created routines that also support my spiritual, emotional, and mental well-being.
By identifying what truly matters in life, I’ve found a sense of purpose and meaning, which has greatly enhanced my overall well-being.I once read about seven key areas that often give people a sense of meaning: Achievement, Relationships, Religion, Self-transcendence, Self-acceptance, Intimacy, and Fair treatment or perceived justice. These categories resonate deeply and serve as a guide to building a more fulfilling life.
The approach I’ve shared outlines my personal burnout treatment plan, which I’ve discovered through trial and error and found to work well for me. It focuses on balancing physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual wellness while identifying what brings purpose and meaning to my life.
However, it’s important to recognize that everyone’s journey with burnout is unique. If you find that your symptoms persist, worsen, or significantly impact your daily life, it’s crucial to seek professional help. Trained professionals like counselors, psychologists, or psychiatrists can provide tailored guidance, coping strategies, and treatments to address your specific needs.
Remember, asking for help is a sign of strength, not weakness, and prioritizing your mental health is one of the most important steps you can take for overall well-being. Till we meet again, bye!















Comments
Post a Comment